Why Train With The Southern School of Beauty Therapy?
- We offer fast track, intensive training in beauty, nails and holistic therapies. You can obtain insurance and work with our Guild accredited Diploma,
plus you have the option of taking the NVQ in most subjects. This also means your course has to meet the strict guidelines of the exams awarding body - VTCT,
who inspect and monitor our centre regularly.
- Our instructors are fully qualified and highly experienced. Each instructor specialises in the subject they teach. They have many years of teaching
practice and all run their own successful beauty businesses. You wont be taught by one 'jack of all trades' who has recently qualified.
- We pride ourselves as being small enough to offer a personal and friendly service, but big enough to provide the appropriate high standard of facilities
necessary. Our courses are delivered from a dedicated training centre - you wont turn up to find you are being taught in somebody's kitchen.
- All products and equipment is provided. You don't need to purchase a kit to attend.
- Small classes for plenty of individual help - most of our classes have a maximum of 6 students (a small amount of classes have 8).
- We run practice days if you feel you need some extra help to fine tune your new skills.
click here to read more about Practice Sessions.
Training Options - SSBT Diploma & NVQ Qualifications
The Southern School of Beauty Therapy Diploma
Our intensive courses range between 1 and 3 days. At the end of your course, if successful, you will be awarded our private training school diploma.
This will enable you to gain insurance and membership of one of the professional bodies with whom we are accredited such as
The Guild of Beauty Therapists. This membership will provide you with newsletters, advertising and tickets to trade shows plus insurance which means that you
can start working and earning - with most self-employed therapists this is anywhere between £20 to £50 an hour.
NVQ Qualifications at SSBT
As we are an accredited VTCT training centre you also have the option to gain an NVQ qualification.
This is achieved by successful completion
of the initial training followed by portfolio building and assessments. The NVQ is a useful qualification for those who wish to seek employment
(ie. in a salon, spa or on a cruise ship).
What Our Students Say About Us
"Dear Allison, I really enjoyed both courses and I am so happy that I chose your school to train to become a beauty therapist, .
Jenny is a fantastic trainer, she is very professional and she definitely knows what makes the difference between a good and an outstanding beauty therapist. She does not merely pass on theoretical knowledge and practical skills, but shares an approach and attitude that are absolutely priceless. I feel very lucky that she was the instructor on most of my courses, she had a great impact on how I'll run my business in the future.
Many thanks, Zsanett
"I am currently looking to change career into the beauty industry and the Southern School of Beauty
is helping me to achieve this. I have already undertaken a number of short courses and find them to be very
thorough and professional, as well as being held in a warm and friendly environment. I would recommend SSBT to
anyone either looking to change career or to enhance their existing skills.
I have found that nothing is too much trouble for Allison and the team at SSBT, compared to other
training centres that I have attended. They are also at the end of the phone to answer any queries and offer a first class service."